6th Grade - Cuyamaca
6th Grade Cuyamaca Outdoor Education Camp
6th Grade: Sep 11 - Sep 15 (5 days Mon. - Fri.)
Dear 6th-grade families,
This year, HMS sixth graders have the opportunity to enroll in a week-long outdoor educational experience at Cuyamaca Outdoor School, located in Descanso, CA [email protected] or 760-765-3000 that cannot be replicated in the classroom setting. While at the camp, students will participate in a wide variety of educational activities designed to increase their awareness of the natural environment and ecology, as well as develop friendships and bonds among classmates. Some of the activities and classes planned for this year’s trip include citizen science projects, nature hikes, crafts, and team building.
Departure time and date: Departing Monday, September 11th at 7:00 am from the HMS parking lot
Our goal is to have 100% of students in grade six attend this valuable program. Your student will need to bring a snack for the drive to Cuyamaca.
The fee to participate is $700.00. You may pay by credit card on the HMS Web Store on the HMS website https://HMSStore.myschoolcentral.com (with your student's ID number). Register for an account or log in and when asked if you are a student, click "yes," do not click "no." If you pay by check, make it payable to Huntington Middle School. If you have a financial hardship, please contact the HMS Front Office immediately at (626) 299-7000, and speak with Michelle Boecking, our Accounting Technician at extension 1328. You may also email her at [email protected]
In order to guarantee your child a spot on this trip, you must complete the following by no later than May 25th, 2023 at 4:00 PM.
1. Complete the HMS Registration for the 6th Grade Outdoor Education Camp to Cuyamaca.
2. Submit your $700 payment via credit card or check.
- Credit/debit card payments at https://HMSStore.myschoolcentral.com (with your student's ID number).
3. You will also complete a Cuyamaca Health form/Registration form in August when school starts. These will be distributed to the students in class.
Students who complete all forms and submit payment after May 25th, 2023 at 4:00 PM are not guaranteed attendance.
We are grateful for the generous donations from our families, which make experiences like this possible for our students.
- 2023-2024 HMS Outdoor Education Registration
- 6th Grade Student Roommate Request Form for Cuyamaca - Students must use their SMUSD email account to fill this form
- Camp Information
- Packing List
- COVID Parent Letter
- Medication Form
- Pay for the trip