School Site Council (SSC)
The Huntington Middle School, School Site Council (SSC) is a group of parents, students, teachers, and support staff who work with the principal to develop the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) as well as advise the principal on the spending of categorical monies provided by the state and federal government for the school site.
The California Education Code requires the school site councils to:
- Measure the effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board.
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA.
If you have any questions regarding the HMS School Site Council, please contact Mr. Topalian at [email protected]