My name is Ms. Kido and I am the Athletic Director here at Huntington. I want to welcome you back to an exciting year for our sports program. Whether you are a returning student or you are new to our school, we have activities for almost everyone!
Huntington offers two types of sports programs.
1. Intramural: This program is open to all the students on campus regardless of skill level. Once you register to be a part of Intramurals, you are now eligible to try out to be a part of a Travel Team.
2. Travel Team: In this program, groups of selected athletes compete against other schools to represent Huntington in our 210 Middle School League, Delphic League, and Prep Leauge. Not all students who try out will be selected for the Travel Team for which they are trying out.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE SELECTING YOUR SPORT!!
- Please make sure you complete the appropriate form WITH your parent/guardian.
- Make sure you take note of the first meeting date. (THIS DATE MAY BE DIFFERENT FOR EACH SPORTS TEAM!)
- You may select more than one sport, if you do, you will need to fill out a separate form for each sport.
- Be realistic regarding your schedule and the possible time and date conflicts.
Read the information BEFORE you click on the Registration Form.
*A student email address is required to register. (????@student.smusd.us)
**Please make sure you are signed out of all other email accounts before clicking on the link.
***If you are still having problems, please use incognito/private mode depending on the browser you are using.
Intramural Football: Open to all students who are interested. Begins on Friday, August 27, 2021, at 12:30-1:30 for skill evaluation and team selection. First day of practice: Monday, August 30, 3:00-4:00. Click here for the Intramural Football Form.
Intramural Girls Volleyball: Open to all girls who are interested. Volleyball Clinic for skill evaluation: Monday (8/16)/Wednesday (8/18)/Friday (8/20): 3:00-5:00. First day of practice: Monday, August 23 & Wednesday, August 25. Click here for the Girls Intramural Volleyball Form.
Travel Team - Cross Country: There is no tryout for this team! There will be an informational meeting on Wednesday, August 25 @ 3:00 (Lunch Court). First day of practice: Tuesday, August 31 (3:00-4:30). Click here for the Cross Country Form.
Travel Team - Tennis: Tryouts are open to all the students who are interested and have previous experience playing matches. Tryouts will begin on Friday, August 27 (1:00-3:00). Click here for the Tennis Team Form.
Travel Team - Wrestling: There is no tryout for this team! There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, August 19 (3:00-3:30) BAC Wrestling Room. First day of practice: Monday, August 23 (3:00-5:00). Click here for the Wrestling Form.
Life is full of challenges, sometimes it means that you should try something new and you never know, you may actually enjoy it!!
If you have any questions, please feel to let me know.
Remember my motto! "A sport for everyone and everyone in a sport!"
Hope to see you out there playing!
Physical Education Teacher
ASB AdvisorAthletic Director