6th Grade Physical Education
- Participate in team activities while demonstrating sportsmanship, teamwork, and cooperation.
- Understand how being fit can affect their physical, mental and social well-being.
- Use technology as a tool to monitor and improve their level of fitness.
Ø Sports/Health Units
Students will be introduced to a variety of team sports and individual activities. Rules, written assessments and physical skills tests are used as a means of showing comprehension for each unit.
Dance Volleyball Hawaiian Softball Track
Basketball Volley-Tennis Pilates Circuit Training
Soccer Badminton Hockey Yoga
Ultimate Frisbee Fitness Testing Football Pickle Ball
Ø California Physical Fitness Test (FITNESSGRAM®)
The FITNESSGRAM® is composed of the following six fitness areas, with a number of test options provided for most areas:
- Aerobic Capacity
- One Mile Run
- Abdominal Strength and Endurance
- Upper Body Strength and Endurance
- Modified Pull-Up
- Flexed-Arm Hang
- Body Composition
- Body Mass Index
- Trunk Extensor Strength and Flexibility
- Trunk Lift
- Back-Saver Sit and Reach
- Shoulder Stretch