Welcome to another great year at Huntington Middle School!
- attended high school at Brussels American High School and San Domenico School in San Anselmo, California
- B.A. in History from the University of Southern California
- University of California, Irvine - Multiple Subject Teaching Credential program
- University of California, San Diego - CLAD (Crosscultural, Language, and Academic Development)
- Previous teaching positions include 3rd grade at Newport Heights Elementary School in Newport Beach, 2nd grade at St. Philip the Apostle School in Pasadena, 4th grade at Carver Elementary School, and many other short-term and and long-term teaching positions throughout San Marino schools
- before becoming a teacher, worked in advertising for Bullocks Wilshire/I. Magnin
- married to Larry Doan, a San Marino native!
- two children, Andrew and Maggie, who attended San Marino schools
- currently in tenth year at HMS as a 6th grade English/Social Studies teacher
My Teaching Goals and Philosophy:
- Create an environment where all students are motivated and excited to work to their full potential
- Prepare students for the higher level thinking required in middle/high school and beyond
- Create independent thinkers and learners
- Foster a climate where students feel safe to take risks in order to discover strengths and strengthen weaknesses