The HMS Online Wellness Center & Virtual Counseling Office
In the midst of a crisis, students and parents often look to the school to provide resources and assistance. Counselors are often the ones that help staff and students navigate through many different types of crises, including the one we are currently facing. We realize that students, as well as their families, may be experiencing high levels of stress at this time as well as heightened levels of anxiety. Although assisting students while campus safety measures are in place may pose some unique challenges, we will continue to support all students.
The HMS Online Wellness Center serves to provide resources and OPTIONAL Mindfulness activities that can assist students during these difficult times as well as provide supports for parents to assist in communicating with their children at home.
If students or parents have any questions, please contact me by email at email@example.com
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 am - 3:00 pm 626-299-7060 ext. 5006
June Gonzalez, MS, P.P.S.
Virtual Counseling Office - Now Open!
Students who are on Independent Study and not on campus, can participate in virtual academic & wellness counseling with their School Counselor during school hours.
HMS Virtual Calming Room
Students, feeling stressed? Click on any bookshelf image for the calming experience you want.
When you are done, click on the home icon to return to the Calming Room.
Enjoy your experience
- Just for Teens: A Personal Plan for Managing Stress https://healthychildren.org/English/healthy-living/emotional-wellness/Building-Resilience/Pages/For-Teens-Creating-Your-Personal-Stress-Management-Plan.aspx
- Grounding: Create Personal Calm https://www.winona.edu/
- Self-Care for Kids: 6 ways to self-regulate
Free Evidence-Based Mental Health Relief Downloadable App
Is anxiety getting in the way of life? MindShift™ CBT Anxiety uses scientifically proven strategies based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help adults and children learn to relax and be mindful, develop more effective ways of thinking, and use active steps to take charge of anxiety.
Get the tools to tackle:
- Social Anxiety
- Coping with COVID-19
- Connect with your child on a deeper level - 250 Conversation Starters
- Talking to Kids About Coronavirus
- Talking to Teens and Tweens About Coronavirus
- National Association of School Psychologist handout (English, Chinese available): Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resources
- COVID-19 Information By and For People with Disabilities: https://scdd.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2020/03/Green-Mountain-SA-Info-By-and-For-People-with-Disabilities.pdf
- Coping with stress during infectious disease outbreaks: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/CommunicableDisease‑StrategiesForCoping.pdf
- Self-Care for Kids: 6 ways to self-regulate
Information and referrals for all health and human services in LA County. The phone line is open 24 hours; 7 days a week, with trained Community Resource Advisors, prepared to offer help with any situation, any time. The community services go far beyond phone referrals (housing, food, transportation, senior services, crisis services, legal services, COVID-19 testing and vaccination locations, etc.) Call 211
Even though your students will not be on campus, nutritious lunch will be available throughout the distance learning period. Please complete the Grab and Go Order Form at https://bit.ly/SMUSDGrabandGo, or call 626-299-7000 x1323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order.
Sack lunches sold or served during this time will meet state and federal requirements based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines and COVID -19 school food service preparation and handling recommendations. Be assured that all meals are prepared and served by trained qualified child nutrition professionals. Menu available at http://www.
Sack Lunches will be available to all San Marino USD students K-12 grades from any of the two locations below:
1) Huntington Middle School by the drop off circle in front of the school office
2) San Marino High School by the drop off circle in the front of the school
Time: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
A SIMPLE, FAST and SAFE tool for mental health help whether you have insurance or not. The most trusted community of care and in partnership with San Marino Unified School District.
*Their Care Concierge is available 24/7, in multiple languages (English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Vietnamese) and can be reached by email, phone, or video chat.
They are also prepared to assist all mental health concerns related to COVID-19. Especially since this situation can exacerbate existing mental health conditions. Care Solace is a consistent and steady source of support; please utilize their services and allow them to help you and your family.
School-Based Wellness Services:
Click on image below to access
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
WE TIP (SMUSD anonymous reporting) 1-800-78-CRIME
Child Abuse Protection Hotline 1-800-540-4000
Emergency Services - 911
San Marino Police Department - 626-300-0720